"Guardians of the Galaxy"











Title: Guardians of the Galaxy
Director: James Gunn
Writer: James Gunn and Nicole Perlman (screenplay), Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (comic book)
Category: Action, Adventure, Sci-fi
Duration: 121 min
Rate:starstarstarstar


As usual, I am kind of late to the party with my reviews, right now time is really short for me with Uni commitments and all.
However, I wanted to spend some time and review this brilliantly funny movie by Marvel.
This is the first one, I think, that diverts from the Avengers phases.

In "Guardians of the Galaxy" we meet new characters and a completely different universe. The story in this one is about Peter Quill, human taken from his broken family, who is living the life, stealing alien artifacts for the highest bidder. It is precisely one of these rare artifacts from a dying planet that will get him into trouble. In fact, because of it, and also for his not so honest reputation, he is suddenly thrown in jail along with another group of not so honest aliens. There, he is planning to escape with them and try to save the planet. 
Give or take this is what happens in this 121 minutes.
The best part of this movie is the comic timing of it. I found the dialogues hilarious and sarcastic in a way that I rarely see in any film that I saw recently. All the characters interact with one another beautifully. The comebacks are not overly vulgar or too explicit, they are just balanced flawlessly.
On top of that, the soundtrack was so inappropriate most of the time that it made it PERFECT, and my thoughts right after the movie were.."OH MY GOD I HAVE TO HAVE IT, THIS IS SO COOL".
Moreover, all the actors portrayed each alien character with great commitment, Chris Pratt brought a lot of himself to Peter Quill, which is what made the Star-Lord even more perfect and likeable, with his goofy and not so heroic side well balanced. I really enjoyed his sarcastic answers to the always present "I am Groot" line told by the lovely, sweet, giant tree. Even his fights with Rocket, the cyber-raccoon, were priceless, mostly because Rocket is my spirit animal, with his irreverence and intolerance for everyone but Groot, with whom he has the sweetest, most caring relationship.
And since I mentioned Groot, I have to talk about the CGI used by Marvel. As usual, it was really spot on. The scenes with Groot, especially the one almost at the end of the movie, were marvelous, enchanted and graphically perfect to me (disclaimer: I am not an expert, but I really was captivated by all the little details about this alien tree).
All in all, "Guardian of the Galaxy" is an entertaining and funny as hell movie that young and adults would really enjoy. It was really good for me because it distracted me after a hectic day.

Till next time,

Fred.



Here the trailer:

Comments

Popular Posts