A start

Writing the first post in a blog is always a challenge for me. 
Most of the time I don't know what to say. I don't want to sound cheesy and repeat the same things like "Starting a new project" or  "I'm not good at writing reviews but I will give it a try", everything sounds a little bit off to me. If I'm being honest I just hope that I'm going to keep updating it and not letting it die slowly like I did in the past, sorry old Livejournal blog.
So, instead of introducing myself like a normal person, I will start by answering a simple question. Why I decided to open a blog?
If I was Will McAvoy my answer will be more or less this


Since i'm not, you get a longer answer. 
I've been thinking about it for a couple of years now. I like to watch movies and read books as much as the next girl, but I also love to read between the lines, or scenes, and discuss about any movie or book after watching or reading it. 
The decision to start writing down my opinion on them comes from my family and my dad mostly. He gave me the proverbial push, since the idea to open a review blog was already on my mind.
However, the real reason behind all of this is that I recently discovered that I would like to critique books or movies for a living, so my father pointed out that in order to do that and to start building something concrete I should practice a little bit. Since he is a smart dad I decided to listen to him for once (his reaction was pretty much this --->)
 So what better way to practice than writing down reviews about this book or that movie?
I'm aware of the fact that it's a long road, but everyone starts somewhere right?
So here I am. 
I hope someone will read what I have to say and will enjoy my opinions...or hate them, we all have different tastes after all. 
Comments and suggestions will be gladly accepted, I'm new to this and hopefully I will improve along the way.

Until next time,

Fred.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts